Women's worst enemy

I have come to notice, more so since becoming a mum - that my own, and I'm sure many others out there create and continue to energise our worst enemy... What is it?

I believe for many of us ladies, "comparison" is consuming us. There is such a tendency among us to compare ourselves to other women and never ladies do we allow ourselves to win! And not that we should for no two women can be compared equally and one win and the other lose. I have a massive struggle with this and through it have allowed friendships to dissolve, my ability as a mum to be put down and my service as a Christian and church worker to seem unnecessary. It scares me sometimes how I, and others allow ourselves to spend time comparing ourselves with others and for what purpose? To make ourselves feel better at the expense of another woman, to confirm that we are rubbish on one of those days when we feel like we are failing.

2014 for me is going to be the year I put aside some of my "comparing energy and time", and rather invest it. Invest it in those women who instead of using a measuring stick for my own value, can be an inspiration and support as I embark on my journey of motherhood. I am so excited by what has already happened this year, I have planned a mini reunion at my house with some of those friends I pushed aside, due to feeling unworthy to be their friends... I have left my dishes unwashed, Ready Brek trodden into my carpet in order to make play dough princess dresses with Kezzia or roll on the floor with Levi. There is such freedom when we allow ourselves to be us and not compare ourselves with others.

I have much to learn still on this subject, and there are days I still find myself admiring someone else's abilities at the expense of my own but the key is I am learning! Ladies, why not this year devote yourself to verbalising your admiration, inspiration and encouragement for those ladies around you instead of wishing to be like them. For who of us know what really goes on in a woman's heart - what I do know is the moment of joy I could bring through encouraging them is better than the pain I will feel of comparing myself to them!

Spread the word: Let 2014 be the time you allow yourself to be you, flaws and all and simply enjoy it!!

Comments

  1. Don' think that just applies to ladies, very challenging, thanks love Dad x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021