The Work Conference

These past 3 days I have been at a work related conference near Nottingham. It has bee a mix of emotions but some amazing things have happened, I am leaving quite excited by how God might use me over the next year... Watch this space I guess!!

However there are some things about work conferences that make me giggle, confused or impulsive and it is these I want to share with you:

1. Why is it that conference centres are either freezing or burning hot - this conference is a sweat producing conference. There never seems to be a good balance in theses places! It is just me, does anyone else attend work meetings or conferences and wonder why it is so hard to get the temperature pleasant?

2. We have been playing the "look-alike" game. As a church team we have been trying to find as many people who look like people from our home church and town! This conference we have spotted  6 look-alikes.

3. I'm not sure if you'll have ever watched the episode of "Miranda", where she is attempting to be serious and together...in her moments of aloneness she lets it slips - she talks with her fruit friends, flashes the workers in their conference meeting! I totally had Miranda moments this conference. I am in a conference of about 300 church leaders, in a conference where we are bring quite serious and grown up. Like Miranda, I can only hold myself together for so long before I feel a desperate need to do something a little crazy.. I longed to run down the corridor shouting "fire", or swapping the salt and sugar at breakfast! I should mention I managed to withhold my crazy moment desire until we left the conference... Go Me! Or is it ... maybe we should allow ourselves these crazy moments more often, make ourselves giggle...
So in true Miranda style here are some crazy moment tips you may like to try out on work colleagues, friends or flatmates!

A) make a tea or coffee, allow it to cool slightly and serve it to your mate on a tray! The crazy bit, stick the cup to the tray with a little blue tack - the result is with a little confusion and tug to get their cuppa, most should end up on their lap:-)

B) put some glitter on your husbands clothes.... It doesn't come off easily and your husband will sparkle all day:-)

C) if you make lunch for your partner, send him with your son or daughters drink bottle... It's a giggle just imagining their face as they pull it out in front of colleagues!

Hopefully these will keep you entertained for a few days - it's these little crazy moments in life that make me giggle and allow me to keep the child in me alive. Life can be so serious sometimes, we need a little crazy moment now and then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021