The story of Levi

Recently we held a dedication for my son, for those of you not familiar with this, in Christian circles it is a short service in which you ask for God's blessing on your new child and as parents ask for His help in raising them! Let's face it as parents we can do with all the help we can get, so we planned our dedication for Levi shortly after Christmas! Due to this many friends and some family members were unable to come and so as promised here is the story of Levi.

Kezzia had just turned one and so we decided or maybe I persuaded Josh that it was about time she had a playmate and so mentally we decided on baby number 2. 

I should fill you in that and I'm sure most ladies will agree that when you decide for a child you do not comprehend that miscarriage/premature labour/difficult pregnancy or any other situation will befall you. Naively I think most of us plan and hope for that lovely pregnancy, where we look glowing and labour is indeed painful but straight forward, producing a lovely healthy baby at the end. I too had this idea and it was shattered at the news that we lost our first child through miscarriage in the months preceding the announcement that Kezzia was on her way. Losing your first child is an incredibly painful experience - there is such excitement at this new chapter of life and for it to be broken, shattered in pieces through miscarriage is something I would not wish upon anyone! Perhaps what is even more naive is that I then imagined my dose or subjection to miscarriages or difficulties in pregnancy was complete. In my mind I had done my fair share, however in the months after deciding for another baby I was to be proven incorrect. 

In July 2012 I took the test and received the surprising news that I had already fallen pregnant - Even more of a shock was that my due date was Kezzia's birthday - so we booked in for a potentially odd birthday experience for her and an expensive month of presents for us! However just a week after finding out the news complications arose and I was called in to hospital for scans... All seemed to be well and baby was the expected size and midwife encouraged us to think positively as this was a common complication. I was sent home and booked for a scan in 10 days time if the complications continued. They continued and so I was booked for a scan. Having previously had a miscarriage, I knew what to expect and the day before the scan, my fears became reality! I had miscarried once again! At the time Josh was away with work and so I went to spend the night with my sister so I wasn't alone and Josh arranged transport home for the following day. Despite being convinced of miscarriage, I attended my scan and sat painfully in a waiting room full of pregnant women awaiting confirmation of the news I was pretty sure I already knew - and it was confirmed we had lost another baby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021