Finally.... A baby boy!

In January 2013, Josh and I attended a Christian Conference, through work, and amazing things took place. My dad had arranged to be in England to look after Kezzia, meaning Josh and I could attend various meetings without needing to alternate childminding. During one meeting, the speaker spoke of the difficulties he and his wife had in trying to conceive and how he wanted to pray with couples facing the same thing. As soon as the service was finished I went up for prayer, I shared my story and they prayed God would indeed hear our cry for another child. Throughout the conference God spoke to us through people's prayers and through verses given to us, including that in Psalm 37 which says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"... We sat in our room one evening and knew that God was renewing our hope, that indeed his timing was perfect and we need not have fear in trying for a playmate for Kezzia. God is faithful and God used that time to renew my hope, remind me of His hand over my life and his faithfulness through every season. Despite all the feelings I had faced over the past 6 months I knew without doubt God alone was carrying me through. 

And sure enough in February I once again found out I was pregnant - God's timing again was perfect as the Sunday evening of the day we found out we were pregnant, Josh went for prayer at the end of the evening service and not knowing the news, someone prayed that Josh would have peace and trust God when it came to the time we would have another pregnancy... talk about God giving Josh a boost!! And we needed it as again I faced the same complications as previously, however this time they stopped. A 6 week scan showed the baby was healthy, growing and despite looking like a tiny pulsing peanut - one of the best pictures I have ever seen. My baby was alive!

And so, here he is, 15 months later, my miracle boy Levi. The name Levi means "joined", it has taken some time but we have finally had another baby joined to our family here on earth. I look forward to the day I meet my 3 children in Heaven, but everyday until that day, I thank God for the ultimate privilege of raising Kezzia and Levi and know it is only through his strength that we are all here, healthy ... a little crazy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021