Birthday Celebrations

I cannot quite believe that my little girl is 3! It only seems moments ago that I was beginning my labour with her and anticipating life as a mum... Now 3 years later I am wondering how time has gone so fast and I have a proper little lady in my house. I thought I would share with you our birthday  weekend - another snippet into our little world.

It begins every year with the cake, this year Kezzia had asked for a Princess castle cake and for some unknown reason! I agreed! I baked a totally of 4 Victoria Sponge cakes and purchased 2 Tesco Swiss Rolls, along with the various icing colours and frostings needed. After a gruelling couple of hours, I had what vaguely resembled a castle. I am perfectionist so never am I happy with what I produce, and this year was no exception, thankfully from far away it looked ok, so you get a glimpse.



I then laid out the table for our special birthday breakfast, orange juice, pain au chocolate and my mother-in-laws scrummy homemade cinnamon rolls, and presents in the dining room. My in-laws had arrived and hid downstairs to ensure Kezzia did not know they had arrived until morning. Then it was off to bed for much needed sleep before party day.



In the morning it was breakfast, presents, play time and party preparations time. I totally impressed myself by also getting 2 loads of washing down and dinner in the slow cooker for when we got home! Go me!! Kezzia had a bouncy castle party in the afternoon and loved time with her friends. It all went to plan so I was pretty chuffed.

After getting back from the party we opened some more presents. One of my favourite gifts for Kezzia was a "Celebration Board", made by one of my friends from Uni. It is totally amazing and serves as a time capsule for us to remember her interests and lifestyle, as it changes so quickly in these early years. My friend is excitingly hoping to make this into a small business, so get in touch in you want any information.



Both children fell into bed & slept amazingly well, I stood in my little girl's room just thanking God of the amazing blessing she is. For the joy of being her Mum and the craziness she adds to our lives, life truly would be a lot more dull if she wasn't in it. I know, too well, the frailty of life and so I count each day with her as a gift from God. As I recalled memories of her life, some bringing tears, others making me chuckled, I ended her birthday, in a total heart of thankfulness. I have what many can only hope and pray for and I can never thank God enough for the miracle of each day with my daughter.

                     A very blessed and thankful mummy!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021