Dads!

Happy Father's Day! As I write this my own incredible Dad is recovering from a month trip to the Philippines. I always joke to friends that my dad is quite a legend in the Philippines, and he is but he is also quite a legend in my eyes to! So here are some things that make me incredibly greatful to be able to celebrate my Dad today:

- despite being in his fifties, my dad still acts like a 21 year old at times and I love it. He is one of the silliest, funniest people I know (even if it is sometimes at his expense), definitely worth sending him a party invite.

- he probably unknowingly taught me as a teenager never to get drunk enough to need an ambulance because it could be him picking me up ... I'm sure this saved me from many drunken mistakes and always ensured I was sober enough to get home safely and in one piece!

- Every year for the past 10 years he travels to the Philippines to co-ordinate and set up Theology course which help locals to learn about faith and grow in Biblical Knowledge in irder to reach out into their own communities, He overseas fund raising for building churches, sponsoring youth through education and is a true encouragement to many!

- After the birth of my little boy Levi, he came over for a week and cooked, cleaned, babysat and supported us as a family in our new chapter of life.

- he is still madly in love with my Mum and despite often getting it wrong with bad...bad presents, a remote control still tops the list, never hides his love for her and I hope Josh follows in his steps, well not the bad present route!

- he is never more than a Skype call away, even with bad connections and running out batteries, his support, advice and wisdom is always on hand and very efficient.

To summarise: My Dad is Amazing. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to celebrate his impact in my life today. I feel incredibly blessed that in a world where Father figures are often hurtful, abusive and dark, my is a picture of unconditional love and support.

To those who can celebrate your Father's today: DO, it is a gift. To those who don't feel able, my prayer is that you know, despite earthly father failings, the love of your Heavenly Father.

Happy Father's Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021