Competitive..... Me!!

Welcome to another part of my mind...

Some would say I am quite a competitive person, I don't like to lose - in fairness who does! I have constant competition with my husband, who can run the most each month, including the fastest mile and fastest 5k. My running buddy is also quite competitive and this means I now can't stop running, as that would be losing to her...not happening! I play scrabble with all of my family members and there is a definite pressure to win, thankfully my dad always "lets" me win...(sorry Dad)! Board games in our house are a genuine nightmare, not only am I competitive, I am a pants loser!! Whoever loses in my house is pretty much expected to be grumpy for the rest of the evening!

Now here is where it gets worse... Today my daughter was allowed to bring home the nursery school teddy, Morris. I was instructed by my daughter that we had to do lots of fun things with Morris and then write about it in his diary - that was it - I was off!! This may have been just the nursery teddy but I had already convinced myself that Morris was going to have the BEST weekend of his life.  I'm not quite sure what I had expected to be so life altering but by this evening, Morris was going strawberry picking, staying up to watch the World Cup, making a Father's Day card for Josh, going for a bike ride, going to the park, face timing Grandparents, attending our Just dad's toddler group and going to church followed by presenting his card to Josh at our Father's Day BBQ!! As I revealed my plans to Josh he looks slightly concerned at what this weekend held for him...couldn't we just do one thing... Morris is only a bear!!





Then the penny dropped, I was headed to that place... The place of the over competitive mother at the school gates! The one who over complicates the school dressing up days, who goes to far in helping with school projects. Yes the one nobody really wants to invite around, because she just turns everything into a competition! I learnt my lesson pretty quick, Morris's weekend is looking slightly more relaxed and enjoyable... For everyone! I have taken a chill pill and realised that once again I need to remind myself not to try and be "SuperMum", but rather be a super mum for my kids and what they need!

The competitive in me is resting, Ireland aren't in the World Cup, Morris is just a teddy and scrabble doesn't solely define my IQ! So here's to a fab weekend of dragging Morris around to all our normal life activites and enjoying watching Kezzia care for him and explain why he's here to EVERYONE she meets:-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021