A bunch of amazing mutters!!

I have been meaning to write this post for some time but other things have been getting in the way, but tonight at this unearthly hour, when I should be asleep, my brain is wide awake so here I am. I dedicate this blog to 6 amazing women, who have over the past 3 years become an intricate part of my world.


Let's travel back in time, I arrived with my eldest child, just 6 weeks old, to my local Children & Family centre. I was still slightly in shock at the new role I had just taken on, completely sleep deprived and ridiculous nervous, with no idea was I was actually attending... What exactly is an "early parenting course"... I walked into a room where a number of other mums were sitting, chatting laughing and quietly made my way over to the corner, very grateful that 2 other mums had made this their first week. After getting over the "Kezzia, what an unusual name" phrase, I allowed myself to relax a little. What I wasn't prepared for was that some of the women in that room would from then on share so much of life with me.

Since that awkward moment almost 3 years ago,  6 of these women have become a regular meeting in my week ...  at least 3 times a week. We have raised children together, been pregnant together, battled tantrums, potty training and eating habits together. We have shared moments of such excitement and had moment of tears, we have had moments of madness and times of hysterics! It has been a joy to walk through life with these women and a strength during times of parenting where you need to know you are not the only one facing such struggles. We have gone from awkward strangers to exercise buddies, childcare solutions, baby equipment swappers ... Friends!

Parenting can be an extremely lonely responsibility if we try to do it alone! So, overcome your fears, face your nerves and go on the hunt for some people to share the journey! It is definitely worth it and it certainly makes the journey a lot easier. Friends are not just a number on Facebook or names to fill the phone book, they are a necessary part of life and a key to enjoying it. We were not made to walk through life alone, so why do we often try? I cannot now imagine my life without these women and I thank God daily for their part in my life... So here's my challenge, let down your guard, go hunting for someone, some people who you will allow to see the real you! Make yourself a little vulnerable so that you may build real, true and lasting friendships, your life will be better for it!

To you 6 ladies(you know who you are), and the many others in my life who I don't get to see so often, that I have the privilege of calling friends: Thank You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021