Rugby Day

I thought I would share my day at the rugby with you, not my normal "mummy life", but it was so fun and an amazing day with my hubby! The atmosphere was amazing, we spent most of the day in the fan village, where we won a free pint each and Josh won a free t-shirt - happy days. Completely unexpected but we ended up standing by the entrance which the players arrive off the coach go through. It was amazing! I stood cheering as my boys exited the coach, grabbed their bags and headed inside... It was probably my highlight of the day!




We grabbed our seats and thankfully I was sat next to a lovely Irish lad from Belfast, who had come with his English girlfriend, so we had much in common, despairing about ending up with partners from across the Irish Sea!!

The match was epic, probably the best one in the 6 Nations so far and are seats allowed us to watch the action  perfectly. Throughout the game there was much banter between us all, many condoning Josh for having to live with an Irish woman - the rest condemning me for marrying an English man - all spoken in the spirit to the game! It was, as we would say back home, such craic!



I must now add that unfortunately we lost the game by 3 points:-( it was definitely a hard loss, though my husband was indeed gracious toward me... I think in fear of his place in our bed that night! Yet, despite the lost, the day was incredible - a whole day with my husband, just us two being able to soak in the atmosphere. There were moments I felt at home again! Back at the GAA match on a Sunday afternoon - Josh even complained my accent had returned for the day:)



If you get the chance GO! Whether you like rugby or not, it is a day of such passion and excitement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021