It's Rugby Season

I thought I should now let you in to another chamber of my life - yesterday was the beginning of the 6 nations and a great passion of mine! Rugby! Yes, I am a huge rugby fan, and a massive supporter of my boys in green! Every year, I wear my jersey religiously every weekend for the 6 nations and me and Josh battle it out, each rooting for our own countries, me for Ireland and him for England. I love my husband but over the next few weeks there are moments when we are "enemies"!

Rugby is almost a built in passion to most Irish people, we are Irish therefore we support Rugby! So perhaps it is moving over to England, away from home, that has made me even more patriotic! I always promised myself I would never move here, I love being Irish and I loved living there, the culture, the people, the whole way of life - it's just me. I always thought of England as so boring, uptight and scheduled compared to what I was used to, and the thought of being here was not something I wanted to consider. However, God had other plans and here I am living in England for my 7th year... And despite all my worries, it's not as bad as I thought - though it is incredibly different to being at home.

So all this means that in every possible way, I want to keep the "Irish" alive in me, and one way is through Rugby. Today, I sat with family and friends, shouting for the boys to do us proud. I sat listening to my daughter shouting "go green team, go go go, yes he got it, Whoop", I love that kid!! And indeed my shouting worked, as we won our opening game! What is even more exciting is Josh and I are going to Twickenham to watch England v Ireland this year and I am ecstatic...though our relationship may take a few knocks...

So as I enjoy the entertainment of the 6 nations again, missing being at home and trying to fill my house with friends and family, in order to re-create some "Irish craic", I rest assured that the statement is indeed true: You can take the girl out of Ireland, but you can't take Ireland out of the girl. So grab a little Irish Spirit over these next few weeks, be a little louder, be a little more crazy and say hello to those you stand next to in the queue at Tesco!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021