Happy Valentie's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you feel loved today, if not by the man of your dreams, by the man of your reality!! Or for those amazing friends you surround yourself with. Today I am taking my daughter to a little Valentines Party with her friends and am trying to talk to her about how today is a special day of reminding people how much we love and appreciate them!

Josh and I are not big celebrators of Valentines Day and he is working today so there will not be much romance in our house. However, I thought I would share a little of our lives with you:

It was a total "love at first sight" moment! As I arrived at my University Halls over 6 years ago I saw Josh and knew I had picked the right Uni! This guy was hot and sure enough after a few mishaps, Josh forgetting my name, buying my friend a drink instead of me, we got together. We were in no mood to hang about and waste time so 4 months later we were engaged and married in January 2008.

Josh is an incredible husband, and I love him more than ever, we have had our share of rough moments, with miscarriages, difficult pregnancies, financial struggles, many house moves and the occasional massive argument, but Praise God we are still facing life together. I don't want to paint the picture that our marriage is awful, but nor is it always easy going and care free! Marriage and relationships are hard work and if we love our partner and want to make it last the test of time, we need to be willing to put in the hard work necessary. I am so thankful that Josh and I have put in this hard work as our relationship is amazing. Josh knows me better than anyone, I don't even need to speak and he knows I am not myself, and he often knows why! Yet even with that he patiently waits until I am ready to share it, as he has learnt I won't speak until I am ready. Have I said, he is a pretty amazing man!

So, I don't simply want to brag about my husband today, but merly to challenge you, whether you are a big Valentine's Celebrator or a just-do-a-card type, make the effort in some way to make your other half feel loved today. As I said, relationships are not always easy so on days like today, it's important to have a giggle and make one another feel loved and appreciated.

So Josh,, in case you read this: I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021