To work or not to work?

Hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I went. As promised I thought I would fill you in on my few weeks - and the main change in my life routine was the trip back into the office! My lovely team had decorated my office with presents, posters, flowers and I was even allowed to drive my boss's mx-5 to my favourite totally "girlified" coffee shop for a huge slice of carrot slice! It was a lovely day and I left the children with a lovely friend and young person from our church who I knew the children loved and were excited to spend time with. It was fun, arriving back to work a month before our annual Holiday Club meant there was no time to ease back into things. I was back and my to -do list was already the length of my arm.... and I have weirdly long arms;-)



I love my job, if I haven't said I am a Children & Families worker for my church. I get to spend my days doing children clubs, assemblies, popping in on new mums, visiting families, running toddler groups, planning community events and all of it to show my community that they are valued and loved by God. It's amazing. However, it does still break my heart at times to leave my kids waving on the doorstep as I head off, coffee mug in hand for a day "at the office". In saying that I do love being a work, I enjoy time with adults, time sitting chatting, hopefully helping others who can hold a sensible and logical conversation.

Am I a terrible mum? I don't believe so - mums everywhere seem to be unable to get it right, we can be critisised for "working in the home" and critisised for "working outside the home". There is little middle ground, one is either at home or not and whatever our choice, someone seems to find fault with it. I work part time and wouldn't choose any more hours, I love having a few days at work and a few with the children, for me - it's just right. Once you take off childcare costs, which unfortunately I now need to factor in, as my lovely childminder from church has had to head back to College, I bring little home. Some financial help but not loads, despite this, I still want to work. I enjoy my job to much to let the amount of my salary confine it and the reality is having 2 full days at the office, makes me a better, more fun and relaxed mummy to have in the house on the other days!!

So that's my lot! Mum's I do hope and pray that whatever your story is, you are at peace with it. Whichever route you take I fear you will find someone who disagrees but find peace with your decision and your heart and those voices of critic will fade under the joy and peace in your house and family.

Happy Work Day, wherever it is, may it be a joyful one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021