Happy Anniversary

Evening, my dear readers... 2018 is now well underway and the days of lazy holiday mornings and no pack lunches seems long gone! Schools runs, swim classes, dance classes, playdates and work have all begun again - as if it feels they never did stop... Life can be so busy, right?

Earlier this month, my husband and I were wonderfully able to celebrate 10 years of marriage! Something which sadly these days feels like a more uncommon celebration. Before checking in here, I allowed myself to just wandered off from my e-mails to read about the divorce of yet another "stable" celebrity couple. I find it so sad that we hear so much of the troubles of celebrity couples but how often do we celebrate the anniversaries? Just my pondering...


Anyway, I am incredibly pleased to have had such a celebration and some stories of that I will amuse you...

We booked TWO, yes you heard right: TWO child-free nights away (the bonus of living near the grandparents) in a spa hotel (the SPA word is important here)! A couple of days before leaving, my husband rang up to confirm our 2 night booking and was told that we actually were only booked and paid in for 1 night... of course this threw me into mad panic and I was suddenly looking at other hotels in the area in case we got kicked out after one night (I may have slightly over-stressed!). The day before, after being told we would have a call to confirm 2 nights, as that is what our confirmation e-mail said, we rung again. This time the woman who had no clue why there was such panic in our voices, said yes it was down for 2 nights. Thankful? Yes of course I was, but I must be honest readers - I was a little miffed that there was no free breakfast or dinner thrown in for the confusion that had been caused! Anyway we dropped off the children and arrived, ready to make sure our upset over the confusion was known; we both tried, but not hard enough obviously, so nothing was changed and we wimped out and were sent off to our room. Our room was fine, lacking hot chocolate on the room-service tray which is a downer in my books, but otherwise it wasn't too bad (we found out, after some enquiry and a dollop of courage the following day, prior to our arrival the room was upgraded to a lake view room - they just forgot to tell us)! We had a lovely day wandering the town and reminiscing over our 10 years of marriage.

After some horrible weather over night, we altered plans and headed to Athlone for the day where I purchased some new swimwear for the spa, as I had forgotten mine and headed back for dinner (yummy)!

Thursday morning arrived and as told by reception we got ready to wander down to the spa to enjoy the thermal suite, no booking required! Finally admitting we needed to gain some courage, Josh snuck in a cheeky call to see if there was any treatment space available for that morning. The outcome was hearing the spa lady tell us the treatment rooms AND thermal suite spa were completely full and next time we should book ahead. Are you with me readers? book ahead? Yeah that's right after being told we didn't need to book, and buying my lovely new swimwear, we couldn't even go...

What a romantic break! So it as you see didn't quite go to plan and the amusing stories could go on. I must admit though, the point of this blog was not really to write amusing stories about our failed romantic getaway but to encourage you to celebrate the moments, the anniversaries! I have been married to Josh for 10 years, and it hasn't all been wonderful. There have been times of horrendous pain, struggles, fights, mixed in with moments of sheer joy, delight and celebration. I can honestly say I have never wanted to call it quits but I can also say there were moments when no one annoyed me more in the world than my husband (sorry love)!

The truth is that 10 years ago I stood, with legs shaking like jelly, at the top of the aisle and committed to sharing my life with the man I stood beside and every year we fulfil and keep those vows is a year worth celebrating (I know for many this is not a reality, for a very vast number of reasons).




I have no idea what lies ahead in this next year of our marriage, whatever it is my hope and prayer is that we will face it committed to one another and as January 3rd roles around again next year we will celebrate another year, another anniversary! Join us and celebrate the anniversaries - your marriage is worth it.

Happy Anniversary Readers, to you and yours.



Comments

  1. So true and heart felt. We can all identify and a lovely blog. Loads of love to you both

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021