Happy Youthful Birthday ...

Happy September dear Readers...

It's back the mad rush of school runs, nursery drop-off, pack lunch making, uniform washing, dance class and swimming lessons and somewhere in all that the rest of life must carry on! I am glad to sit for a few moments with my trusty morning cup of coffee and I must admit a few too many chocolate digestives and ponder the previous month!

I recently celebrated by birthday - not a special one as the world defines but a birthday none the less... one that added a few more wrinkles and grey hairs to the mix! My birthday consisted of our car breaking down 6km from home...we walked home! Going out for lunch with my parents only to come home and find the front door was having an off day and we were locked out...even when I was holding the key!! Thankfully I left the bedroom window open so Josh could climb in...I guess his smelly socks do have a purpose after all!! (might explain the extra greys though!)

However most of my birthday was spent hearing those words, so many of us long to hear "Wow, you are so young"... and "oh you're such a spring chicken", or "how can you only be that age" and "you and Josh must have been babies when you got married", have filled the air... and yes they are all true!!haha!!

The problem ... despite everyone's good nature and youthful comments, which I'm sure in 20 years I will revel in, for now just float over my head! Readers, the reality is I may be young, I have only lived 29 years on this breath-taking planet but I feel about 40!

If someone had arrived on my birthday with a letter, saying they have mixed up my age and actually I was turning 39 this year, I probably would have replied "sounds about right"... People often long to be younger, to look younger (and pay a lot to achieve it), wish they had done things when they were younger - the reality is I am that younger person but I feel like I ain't as young as my birth certificate says! Is this another one of the occasions where it's just me?

I have been married 10 years this January....10!

I've have 6 positive pregnancies tests ...

I've had 3 healthy full term pregnancies

I have 3 children to raise: 1 who doesn't sleep, 1 of the "6 going on 16" ones, and 1 Duracell bunny....

Got kicked out of class too many times

Parachuted out of a plane over one of my favourites places in the world

I have moved house over 10 times, written off 1 car, visited 3 continents, spent almost 10 years living abroad...

Surely I should be heading up on the mid-life crisis stage of my life!!! Life is a funny old thing sometimes! a huge percentage of people live wanting to be younger and a large amount of the people that are left are young but feel older...something ironic in all of that!

What's the point of my musings... who knows, I'm an old woman trapped in a younger woman's body - who knows if anything I say will make sense! But here's what I conclude... birthday's are a strange phenomenon, age is perhaps even stranger - Life is one crazy adventure that we can enjoy or miss... we can revel in the days of our youth, we can long for the peace of the future when kids are grown up or work is easier... or we can jump on rollercoaster and enjoy the ride!

I know in time my tired brain will catch up again to young looking body (whenever my youngest decides that sleeping at night is an acceptable behaviour)!! For now I tell myself to enjoy the midnight cuddles, enjoy the midnight screams, enjoy the madness of the September rush... the school runs, the lunches, the drop-offs, the pick-ups...

Happy September dear Readers, I hope it's a crazy one like mine will be! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021