It's more fun in the Philippines!

Dear Readers,

I have so much to share with you my mind boggles! Life in Ireland, parenting trials, wifely duties and our recent Philippines Trip. I hope to fill you in all of the above things in due course but as many of you are asking about the Philippines trip I will start with that. My mind is still trying to process that went on over our three week visit and there is much news to share with you and many lessons I learned! However I thought I would start by helping you align your thinking with that of a Flippino.

So here are my top ten Philippines fact:

1. If you don't like Rice - don't ever visit the Philippines! Rice is the foundational food, it's served breakfast, lunch and dinner!

2. If you get served what appears a meal but there is no rice - Be Careful - this is just a snack, don't fill up, the main meal will arrive shortly.

3. There is no such thing as "just a banana"! Over our 3 weeks there I had 4/5 different varieties of banana (none of which is what we have here in the West)!

4. If a native says you will leave at 3pm, that actually means about 3pm, maybe 3:30pm we will begin to think about getting ready to leave. This will include having a snack, having a bath, doing hair etc... You will actually leave about 4:30pm...

5. The phrase "taking a bath", actually means going into a wet room and tipping a bucket of cold water over your head! It may surprise but it is one of the nicest things to do in such heat.

6. It doesn't matter how many people are going, or the size of the vehicle, EVERYONE will fit inside"

7. It's not just pads & tampons that can't go down the toilet - tissues ain't allowed either! Yup you heard it here - always handy to locate the bin before your toilet visit, you'll need it soon after!

8. There are more umbrellas there than anywhere I've seen before, but they are never used during the rain! It's your own personal sun canopy:)

9. It's not an insult to be compared to a doll or Barbie - you are just very white!!

10. It true what they say on TV "It's more fun in the Philippines"


Now dear readers as I seek to explain the world I have been in for these past three weeks and the adventures that unfolded before us - do remember these 10 facts as they make each situtation a little more humorous and really give you a picture of the lifestyle and values of those there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021