The journey...

As I dived into the back seat of the hire car, recieving a handful of sick from my daughter as an arrival gift, I couldn't but question the madness of what we were doing. This thought came and left rapidly as Kezzia continued to be sick and I in a desperate attempt to keep the hire car clean was trying to direct the "deposit" anywhere other than on the car. A quick stop, disposal of some clothes, car seat covers and almost a packet of baby wipes later - I still question how the world survived without wipes - we were back on route and my question cropped up again... Had Josh and I lost all sense and reason?


There we were heading for Holyhead, all our belongings following behind in a van - and what exactly were we heading toward? That was the scary part, in reality we didn't really know! We knew Ireland, Sligo was right but in essence that was it! We were leaving behind family, wonderful family, friends, the most incredible friends, a church that we loved and Worthing itself wasn't the worst place one could live! And the honest truth of it all was that we didn't really know what we were moving to, or indeed why we were needed here! God had so clearly said "GO" - but He hadn't yet said why...

So many memories and questions disturbed the 11 hour journey towards the ferry bringing us to this new life, new chapter in Ireland. Many of those questions didn't have answers, some still don't but underneath it all, deeper than all my questioning and disturbance was peace! A peace which I cannot explain to you in a blog post...a peace that everytime my questioning got to much would speak a whisper "I've got it covered, you are heading for the right place".

There is still a gaping hole in my heart for the people that I have had to leave behind, a playing fear that friendships will fade away due to the move and moments of forgetting that I have left at all. However 3 weeks in, still no source of income, no clear plan of why I"m here, yet I am begining to feel at home, begining to feel a sense of excitment about the future.

So dear readers, I write now from a new phase of life, I have no idea what is in store and no idea about what you will read about next, but life is an adventure and sometimes despite unanswered questions, shallow fears or the unknown... You just have to GO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021