Hairdressing...rest or stress!!

Oh dear readers... I am still here! I cannot really explain the madness of the last few weeks, my absence has not been desired and I am so excited to finally have 5 minutes to sit down and write again. How my brain needs that time to breathe and unwind. There are so many things I wish to write about, I went back to work last month, I am now juggling two children, a home, a marriage and a part time job – which hours often resemble more of a full time position! I have led a team running a Holiday Club for 80 children, been fighting with the tax man, ran a 10KM for Cancer Research, had weddings, family illnesses, and so much other stuff – my brain is seriously in overload! So I decided that my first blog would be that to make us all giggle – I know I need it.
After my busy week of overseeing a Holiday Club, I decided to give myself a little pampering treat. Yes, after 80 children, every day  I was in need of a little R & R – however on my arrival at the hairdressers, I remembered the stressfulness of such an activity. Here’s what I wanted: Some highlights, not to blonde just to give my hair a lift, a short trim, some layers and just to look nice! Simple right? ... WRONG! How is it that hairdressers have the ability to confuse and stress us out when we have just come to look pretty?

The first thing was picking colours, did I want bleach, highlights, low-lights, toner to change the colour of the bleach... (Yes, I though the same why would I want to change the colour of my highlights...) After the difficulty of picking the colours and somehow agreeing to bleach, I’m not sure how that fitted into my “not to blonde” request – we got going. I sat and chatted and enjoyed the somewhat painful experience of getting foil highlights, whilst "enjoying" a ridiculously strong cup of instant coffee!

When the colour was washed out, I was again asked the question did I want toner in to change the colour of the bleach? Would it not of been easier to pick another colour? Due to this costing £10 extra, I said no and the cut began. Simple, just a trim right? ... Wrong again! I was asked if I wanted my hair “cut round or cut back”? Huh? Apparently I have it cut round! Next did I want my layers “square or uniform”? HELP!!! I did my best to explain what I wanted – looking nice hadn’t been sufficient so I tried to expand – telling her I didn’t want “puffy” bits over my ears...  thankfully she understood!

Now, let me say, I love my hair, the colour may be slightly too blonde for me but nothing to disastrous! But I found the whole experience anything but the relaxing treat I had hoping for! Whatever happened to “just make me look a little nicer and more healthy then when I walked in” approach to haircutting! I feel I should add here an “Is it just me? question”...
Hairdressers, we love you – but remember most of us are clueless and we genuinely do just want to have pretty hair!

I will be back readers and I promise it won’t be so long...

Thanks for waiting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ar aris go hEireann!

Is it already Judgement Day?

#joy2021